” and “we
” refer to CompanYoung A/S and its customers. “Websites
” means CompanYoung websites (including, but not limited to www.companyoung.com, companyoung.dk, youngcrm-platform.com, elevplads.dk and any further URLs, mobile or localised versions and related domains and subdomains), and “Services
” means CompanYoung’s proprietary systems, its user interface and business interface (including, but not limited to YoungCRM.com, CYJobAPI.com and any further URLs, mobile or localised versions and related domains and subdomains) in each case regardless of format, they can be provided in now or in the future. Websites and services are collectively referred to herein as “services”.
1. Information we collectRegistration and contact information
We collect information about you when you (a) sign up to use one of our services or (b) otherwise disclose contact information to us via email, forms or other services. The information you provide includes, but is not limited to, first and last name, email address, address and telephone number, IP and other relevant information you give us.Payment Information
When you purchase services from CompanYoung, we also collect transaction information, which may include your credit card information, billing and postal address and other payment-related information (“Payment Information”). We describe how the payment information may be collected and processed in Section 4.Technical, Usage and Location Information
We collect all the information you put into your profile: including, but not limited to demographic information, quiz results, work experience, education and CV, as well as other relevant information.Other Information
2. How we use the information we collect
We use your information in the following ways:
- To provide, maintain and improve services and our other products, including improving certain features and functionalities in our services (e.g. by remembering your information so you will not have to enter it again during this or a subsequent visit);
- To process with your inquiries and otherwise provide customer service;
- To process your payments, we share and use payment information as described in Section 4 (Payment Information);
- In order to control unauthorised use or misuse of the services or otherwise detect, investigate or prevent activities that may be unlawful or otherwise violate our policies;
- To analyse trends, administer or optimise services, monitoring of use or traffic patterns (including tracking users' movements around the service) and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole;
- To communicate directly with you, including sending you newsletters, promotions and special offers or information about new products and services. Your opt-out options for advertising communication are described in Section 6 (your controls and choices);
- To provide advertising for you, including showing and managing ads on the services or on 3rd-party websites and to customise ads based on your interests and browsing history. Please see Section 6 (Your Controls and Choices) for details on how you manage the ads you see;
- To match you with relevant job openings and opportunities, and contact you if appropriate.
- To allow employers to get in touch with you about career opportunities if they find your CV relevant.
- To recommend appropriate career opportunities.
- To improve our recommendations and matching tools.
3. Sharing your Information with 3rd Parties
We do not sell, trade, share or transfer your personal information to third parties except in the following limited circumstances:
- We may share your personal information with our parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, if this is necessary to achieve an agreement between us and the customer;
- We may share your personal information with 3rd-party service providers to enable such parties to provide services that help us with our business activities, which can help us, for example, with marketing, advertising for our products/services, or providing, maintaining and improving the features and functionalities of the services. For example, we may provide our service providers with personal information for direct mailing of our newsletters or announcements about our product/services;
- We may share your personal information when in good faith we are certain that access, use, retention or disclosure of such information is necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal processes or requests from the government or other state authorities, (b) enforce a customer agreement, including investigation of potential violations hereof, or (c) protect against imminent threat of harm to our, our users’ or the public’s rights, property or security as required by applicable laws;
- We may share your personal information with third parties (including our service providers and government agencies) to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- We may share your personal information with our partners, who offer a service to you jointly with us: for example, when we are running a cross-promotion;
- We may share your payment information to process your payments, as detailed in Section 4 (Payment Information);
- We may share and/or transfer your personal information if we are involved in merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or any form of sale of some or all of our assets;
- We may share your personal information with a third party if we have your consent to do so.
- We may share your personal information with potential and interested employers, if they are considering offering you a career opportunity, but only if you have given us permission to do so. This can always be changed in the settings of the particular CompanYoung service you use;
We may also share aggregate or anonymised information with third parties for other purposes. Such information does not identify you individually but may include use, display and technical information such as the types of offers our customers and users in general use, the configuration of their computers and performance statistics associated with the use of services that we gathered through our technology. If we are required by applicable law to treat such information as personal information, we will only disclose it as described above. If a piece of information cannot be classified as personal data by law, we can process and forward such information for any other reason.
4. Payment Information
When you make a purchase in our services, all credit card information you provide as part of your payment information is collected and processed by our payment processor Stripe through their Stripe Checkout service. We never receive or store your full credit card information. Stripe undertakes to comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and to use industry standard security measures. Stripe can use your payment information in accordance with their own privacy policies here: https: //stripe.com/us/checkout/legal.
5. Other access to, or disclosure of your information
6. Your control and choiceOpting Out
When we ask for specific information, we give you the option of refusing to have your personal information used for certain purposes. If you decide to opt out, we cannot provide certain features of the service to you.Communication Settings
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter or advertising, you can opt out of receiving them by following the instructions in such communications or in the services themselves. However, note that you may not opt out of certain service-related communications. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have doubts.Blocking Cookies
Your browser may have a ‘Do Not Track’ setting, which, when activated, causes your browser to send a you may not track HTTP header file or ‘signal’ to each site you visit. At present, the website reacts to this signal, but not our other services. There are a number of features that are necessary for the functionality of our services that prevent the use of ‘Do Not Track’ signals.
7. Accessing and updating your personal information
When using CompanYoung’s services, to the best of our abilities we give you access to your personal information upon request from you. We also give you the option of amending this information if there are inaccuracies, or deleting or anonymising such data if that is what you want, as long as it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. You can at any time access, review, amend, update, change or delete your information. To do so, please contact us at email@example.com with your name and the information you wish to be disclosed, amended or removed, or if you use the service, log into your account, go to your profile and make the desired changes. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort (e.g. requests for information that is backup-based), endanger the privacy of others, would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise, required. In any case where we provide information, access and amendment, we perform this service free of charge, unless it would require a disproportionate effort.Please note that if you stop using our services or we terminate your access to the services in accordance with your agreement, you can no longer access or update your information.We may keep your information as necessary to support our services, comply with our legal obligations or settle disputes. There is no general deletion deadline for your personal information at CompanYoung, but financial information will be stored for 5 years (cf. the Danish Bookkeeping Act) and all other personal information will be stored as long as its treatment and storage is needed (cf. a contractual relationship between CompanYoung and the Customer, or CompanYoung and a User of one or more of our services.
9. No children under the age of 13
The security of your personal information is important to us. We maintain a number of relevant technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal information. We restrict access to personal information about you to employees who we believe within the limits of reason need to be able to access this information to provide products or services to you or to do their job. In addition, we have implemented reasonable physical, digital and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information. When you enter sensitive information (e.g. your password), we encrypt that information during transport using industry standard encryption technology (TLS). No method of transmission over the Internet, electronic storage or other security methods are 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot guarantee absolute security, even though we strive to use decent terms to protect your personal information.